Post laser hair removal Treatment Instructions
The DON’TS after laser hair removal
- Don’t expose skin to UV light (sun exposure or the use of tanning beds) or self tan for at least 4 weeks.
- Don’t wax, epilate, thread or bleach your hair in between treatments
- Avoid very hot baths / showers / steam baths / sauna for 1 week.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for 1 week.
- Avoid exfoliating or peels for 1 week.
- Avoid exercising for 24-48 hrs.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing.
- Avoid make-up on the treated area for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid scratching the treatment area if blistering or crusting occurs, as this can cause scarring.
- Avoid using seat warmers immediately after treatment.
- No shaving – even if you spot a stray hair !
The DO’S after laser hair removal.
- Do apply an ice-pack on the treated area to reduce pain, discomfort or irritation.
- Keep the area clean and dry.
- Do apply aloe vera gel or calming creams for at least 10 days after the treatment.
- Hydrate the body by drinking plenty of water.
- Use sunscreen (min SPF 30+) and consider wearing hat to protect facial area.
- Do wear loose clothes to avoid friction on the treated area for 48 hours.
- Do use at least SPF 30 sunscreen with Zinc for at least 2 weeks ( rain or shine)
- Exfoliate your skin 1 time a week after the first week, this will help reduce ingrown hairs.
Any problems please feel free to message us